I don’t know about you guys, but I’m a real sucker for fancy awards show fashion. I was really excited to see that Viola Davis wore a beautiful shade of green to the Oscars! Hence, our first “Get Green” post is on none other than playing dress up in green…
Viola Davis looking very glamorous in green!
The first little green dress I found is from Asos and 20’s inspired. I love a drop waist, and girls, if you can pull it off - lucky you! Pair it with:
- A classic black t-strap pump or some fun striped heels from Asos (you know, to save on shipping!)
- This wonderful vintage beaded clutch by Julius Garfinckel & Co.
- An ecote print bag from Urban Outfitters.
Drop-waisted and full of character!
My second find, also from Asos, has a really great lace print! Lucky for you, it comes with the little belt! I like the idea of pairing this dress with an oxford shoe.
- If you want to go lighter, I liked these Stuart Weitzmans with cute cut outs.
- These tobacco oxfords from the Vintage Shoe Company are awesome!
Sweet lace and oxfords.
This Rag & Bone nightingale dress has a really cool Art Deco style and is perfect if you want to show a little leg! I really liked that they styled it with black tights - it would look great with some sandals too, like these whistleback sandals by Madewell.
- Pair it with a cool cuff.
- A woven fedora to keep the sun out of your peepers (or to hide those humidity-assaulted bangs!)
- Doll it up with a turban headband!
HURRY! ONLY ONE UNIT OF THIS ADORABLE 50’S INSPIRED DRESS IS LEFT! (But don’t worry, Modcloth will let you know if it’s restocked!)
Here are a few more of my favorite green ideas:
- Green tones inspired by the Elie Saab Spring 2012 RTW line. (Sparkles! Flow-ey!)
- The totally fly Gucci tux jacket that every one’s favorite funny lady, Emma Stone, wore to the People’s Choice Awards.
- Crazy prints like this one by print master Diane von Furstenberg.
- A perfectly pleated dress that’s great for a night out.
- Really sick green scarves.
So my little loves, get out and don some green! Maybe Spring will come just a little faster…